Suresh Raina- A master in changing the game left-handedly
Suresh Raina is one of the greatest players in the Indian Cricket team’s history. Read the detailed rewiew about player and use your knowledge for successful betting on ipl cricket betting apps. In the present situation, he is not playing cricket in the national team as he had retired a few years ago. He is known as the best left-handed batsman in the Indian team. He is also a right-arm off-spinner. His teammates and fans call him Sonu or Chinna Thala. His jersey no. is three as he found it lucky for him and debuted his career on the national level in the year 2005.
He was born on 27 November 1986 and started his career as a left-handed batsman. Along with good batting and bowling, he is also a good fielder and has a separate fan base for his fielding in people as well in his team members. He started his captaincy journey by becoming the captain of the Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League and was famous as the second young captain of the Indian Cricket team. He debuted himself in the ODI in July 2005 against Sri Lanka. Let’s discuss in brief this legendary player.
In the beginning
In the beginning, or we can say before playing cricket, Sonu was known as a Kashmiri pandit and is still a pandit because of his hometown Srinagar which is in Kashmir. His father was in the military, and he had a military background back then, and because of that, he had lived a disciplined life and currently is a man with discipline. Currently, he is living in Rajnagar, which is in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. He has an elder brother named Dinesh Sharma. Sonu took the decision of playing cricket at the age of 14, and he also was admitted to the government sports college for playing cricket and making a career in that.
Ø International achievements
- He is the first Indian to hit 100 runs in a T20 match and the third batsman in the history of cricket who made a century in T20.
- He was batting at number 3 and hit a century in 2010 T20, which was a match against South Africa.
- In all three formats of cricket, he had scored a century and has achieved the title of being the first Indian cricketer to do this.
- In his test debut, he was the 12th player in the history of the Indian cricket team to score a century.
- He has scored a century in both the T20 and ODI world cup and is the first Indian player to do that.
- In the history of T20, he is the first Indian player to score 6000 and 8000 runs.
Ø Domestic achievements
- He is the first cricketer in the history of IPL who have reached 5000 runs.
- He also has a record of the highest no. of catches in IPL, which is 102.
- He is the first Indian player to reach the record of hitting 100 sixes in the IPL after Chris Gayle.
- In the seven IPL seasons, he is the first player to score 400 runs in aggregate and has set a record for it.
- He also has a record of the highest consecutive appearances in the IPL.
As a captain
Sonu was also the captain of our Indian cricket team and is also known as the second-youngest captain of the team. In the 2011 world cup, Dhoni was the captain then, and due to some injuries, he left the captaincy after the world cup. Then the name of Gautam Gambhir came up for the position of captain, but he was ruled out due to injuries. In that situation, Suresh became the captain, and India won the world cup, and he was appreciated by all of the players and the public. He was declared as the young captain in the year 2014. Along with his captaincy, he was also an excellent player and also have made India win so many times.
Sonu announced his retirement official on 15 August 2020 from all the formats of International cricket. He hasn’t decided to retire, but he retired after M.S Dhoni and mentioned M.S Dhoni on Instagram, saying that he wants to join him in this journey of retirement and got retired immediately.
Suresh Raina was proud of the country, and he has achieved so many awards in his life and has also put our country on the top with all his records. His records and achievements not only made him famous around the world but also have taken India’s name to the top and proved to the world that this country could do something.